A Courtesy Call as the First Milestone
Every journey has beginning, and sometimes it starts with a simple courtesy call. At first, it might seem like just a small meeting. But that day, i felt so many mixed feelings. I heard so many "I'm proud of you." and that makes me emotional. A courtesy call is not just a small meeting, nor a short visit. But it's about introducing myself, building trust, and opening the door for what comes next. I realized that first impressions are not about being perfect. They are about being present, respectful, and sincere. Sometimes, just showing up with a genuine heart is already enough. There may be nervousness at the start, the overthinking, the quiet pressure to do things right. But as the conversation flows, that feeling slowly fades. What remains is a sense of relief, and even a little bit of confidence.
Then, something unexpected happened. I sang Count on Me, together with the student teachers from SLSU-TO and it made the moment feel warm and happy. It helped break the awkward feeling, and we started to feel closer. And in just six days, I found a new friendship. It feels easy, real, and comfortable. Like we have known each other for a long time.
Six days.
But somehow, we already feel like best friends.
This small step is actually a big milestone.
The experience became even more meaningful when we joined an education forum in San Juan. That day felt exciting in a different way. We listened to inspiring discussions, met new people, and learned things beyond the classroom.
The trip itself also became a memory I will keep for a long time because we were accompanied by Tatay Edi. The ride was filled with stories, little jokes, random conversations, and the kind of warmth that makes you feel comfortable without trying too hard
Looking back now, I realize the courtesy call was never “just” a courtesy call. It was the first milestone.The first moment where strangers slowly became friends.
The first moment where nervousness turned into comfort.
The first moment where this whole journey finally started to feel real.
And maybe that’s the beautiful thing about beginnings.



Komentar
Posting Komentar