Notes from a Girl in Transit
Being transit is so strange. I'm not fully in one place, and not yet in another. I'm just in the middle, carrying memories from where i came from and hopes for where I'm going.
Sometimes I feel like being the daughter who has to excel at everything also means becoming the distant daughter… and the absent sister.
Like in order to grow, I have to leave.
And in order to achieve, I have to miss moments I can never get back.
It’s a quiet kind of sacrifice that no one really talks about.
But Mama always reminds me of something.
She tells me to live fully.
To give fully.
To experience life fully.
And I hold on to that.
Because deep down, I know she understands that this distance is not me choosing to love less but it’s me choosing to become more. Because no one is going to hand me my dreams. And no one is going to build the life I want for me.
It has to be me.
So even when it feels heavy, even when I miss home in ways I can’t explain, I remind myself: this is part of the journey.
I am not leaving them behind.
I am carrying them with me, into every step, every risk, every dream I chase.
And maybe one day, all this distance will turn into something worth it.

Komentar
Posting Komentar