A Place Far From Home, Yet Full of Home


This student teacher exchange program became one of the most meaningful experiences in my journey as a future educator. At first, I thought it would only teach me about classroom management and teaching strategies, but it gave me something much deeper than that. It taught me how to adapt, connect with people, and grow outside of my comfort zone.

One of the things I will always remember is the kindness of the people I met throughout the program. From Ma’am Leslie and Sir Clem, who became like my second parents, to our mentors, cooperating teachers, buddies, guards, and even Tatay Edi who safely brought us everywhere, we were surrounded by people who made us feel welcomed and cared for. Being far from home became easier because of them.

This experience also made me appreciate my family even more. Even from a distance, their love and support stayed with me every day and became one of my biggest motivations to keep doing my best.

My message to future student teachers is to never be afraid of making mistakes. Growth does not happen when everything is perfect, it happens when you are willing to learn, adjust, and keep going despite your fears. Treasure every moment, every person, and every lesson because programs like this do not only build skills; they build memories and relationships that stay with you for a lifetime.

As I end this chapter, I carry with me not only new knowledge and experiences, but also gratitude, friendships, and memories that I will always cherish.




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Notes from a Girl in Transit

A Classroom Full of Energy