A Classroom Full of Energy
My demonstration day with Grade 8 was really fun, but honestly I was super nervous at first.
That day, I taught direct and reported speech. Before entering the classroom, I kept thinking about many things because Ma’am Leslie and Sir Isaiah were observing my teaching. I was scared of making mistakes or forgetting my explanation in front of the class.
At the beginning of the lesson, I was still nervous while explaining the material. But after a while, I started feeling more relaxed because the students were very active and responsive. I feel relieved when i saw students are smiling and nodding their head.
The Grade 8 students were really talkative and energetic. They kept answering questions, reacting to examples, and talking during discussions. Sometimes the classroom became noisy because everyone wanted to participate at the same time.For the activity, I divided the students into groups and used peer-collaborative assessment.
Group 1 had to change direct speech into reported speech, while Group 2 changed reported speech into direct speech.
After finishing the activity, the groups exchanged worksheets with other groups. Then they checked each other’s work and gave feedback directly on the worksheets.
The activity became really interactive because the students discussed the answers together. Some groups were debating about the correct answers, while others kept asking questions about the lesson.
Honestly, the students’ energy made the class more fun and helped me enjoy teaching more. By the middle of the lesson, I was not as nervous anymore because the students were very participative and easy to interact with.
Overall, the demonstration day went well, and I enjoyed the whole experience with Grade 8.




Komentar
Posting Komentar