Deployment Day at Laboratory High School
Deployment day finally came, and honestly, I did not know whether I was more excited or nervous.That morning felt different. Everything that we had prepared for suddenly became real. No more “soon.” No more “later.” This was the day we officially stepped into a new environment.
Luckily, we were picked up by our buddies from Team Indonesia, and they instantly made the atmosphere feel lighter. The car ride was full of random conversations, laughter, and little jokes that helped calm our nervousness. It felt comforting to know that we were not alone in this experience.
When we arrived at Laboratory High School, I quietly looked around and thought, So this is where our journey begins. Not long after, we met Sir Isaiah and Sir Jay Son for the class distribution. That moment made my heart beat a little faster. Everyone listened carefully while waiting for their assigned classes, trying to stay calm while secretly feeling nervous inside.
That day, we mainly met our cooperating teachers. Even though it was our first meeting, they welcomed us warmly, and little by little, the nervous feeling started to disappear. Their kindness made the new environment feel less intimidating.
Still, I could not stop thinking about many things.
Everything still felt unfamiliar, the school, the people, the responsibilities. But at the same time, it also felt exciting. Like standing at the beginning of something meaningful. Deployment day was not just about introductions or class assignments. It was the moment where I realized that this experience was truly starting. A small step, but an important one. There were no students yet, no teaching moments yet, and no classroom stories to tell. But somehow, this day still felt memorable. It was the quiet beginning before everything officially unfolds.
Looking back, I think that’s what made deployment day special.
It was filled with nervous smiles, warm welcomes, uncertain thoughts, and hopeful hearts—all mixed together in one unforgettable first step.


Komentar
Posting Komentar